Hello! Welcome to the Joyful Dividends blog! We are a Singapore-based financial education and stocks investing website. Using our knowledge in fundamental analysis and understanding of technical indicators, we help investors like you make better and more actionable investing decisions.
Stock in Focus: Yoma Strategic (YOMA SP)
On 1 November 2017, Joyful Dividends was alerted to the sign of a bullish inverted hammer candlestick pattern occurring in the daily price chart of Yoma SP. Concurrently, the stock exhibited a bullish CCI hook and bullish oversold WilliamR pattern. Combining the 3 price patterns give a good indication of potential upside in the stock price of this stock.
Yoma SP is a stock listed on the SGX.
Starting out as a real estate player and eventually becoming a leading developer in Myanmar, Yoma SP has gradually diversified into non-real estate businesses. The company currently has interests in sectors such as automotive and heavy equipment, F&B distribution and wholesale, and have made investments in the telecommunications, tourism and solar power sectors of Myanmar’s rapidly growing economy.
Some key highlights from its recently quarterly (2Q 2018) performance include:
- Robust sales momentum for its Holland Tractors and KFC business
- Management is on track to reach its 2020 goal of having at least half its revenue coming from non-real estate businesses
- Well-positioned as a F&B and logistics player tapping on Myanmar’s nascent and strong economic growth
Joyful Dividends is optimistic on this stock for reasons including:
- Yoma SP’s annual revenues have grown at a respectable 15.4% between FY2013 and FY2017.
- Quality of earnings have improved in 2Q 2018, as results in 2017 were articificially boosted by a S$15m gain on financial assets.
- Gross profit margins continue to be stable.
- The company is well-positioned to tap on Myanmar’s rising middle class in the real estate, F&B and logistics sectors.
Vested in Yoma SP at S$0.585 on 2 November 2017.